Sunday, May 15, 2005

Welcome, and a Note on Transliteration

This blog will provide you with some basic Hindi language and cultural lessons so that you can better appreciate your journey through Bollywood cinema. I will reference many Bollywood titles, songs, and dialogues, and provide helpful external links as much as possible to make it a thoroughly fulfilling experience. I will also entertain special requests on linguistic or cultural matters, so please utilize the comments or email me.

Rather than use scholarly transliterations, I will be using transliterations that are commonly used for Bollywood films. For example, "Hum" meaning "we" or "us," would properly be written as "Ham"; various dots and accents are used in academic literature, but I will try to simplify and be as phonetic as possible.

1 comment:

javed said...

so nice to know u.nice blog.i like that can i know about u more?my email address is javedcry@gmail.com if possible u reply there